In the past few weeks, as hospitals and health care systems across the country have begun to resume "normal" operations, Carilion Clinic's medical and administrative leaders have been called on more than ever to share their knowledge with local, regional and national media outlets.
We have listed a few recent interviews below. Follow Carilion Clinic on social media to stay on top of emerging research, new treatments and enhanced safety measures throughout our facilities.
- Paul Skolnik, M.D., discussed the ways diabetes affects COVID-19 and the potential effect of warmer weather on the virus on Radio IQ/WVTF on April 20.
- Bill Flattery, vice president, western region, joined other regional experts on May 7 in a virtual town hall as part of the New River Valley Public Health Task Force.
- Dr. Skolnik explained how COVID-19 tests are used and what antibodies may teach us about immunity to WSLS and the Roanoke Times on May 11.
- Nancy Howell Agee, president and CEO, discussed the need for regulatory reform in a Becker's Hospital Review op-ed on May 13.
- Patrice Weiss, executive vice president and chief medical officer, discussed post-pandemic health care with Becker's Healthcare Podcast on May 15.
- Michael Nussbaum, M.D., discussed safety measures and new procedures with other Virginia medical experts and WVTF radio on May 20.
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital is named among the top 100 hospitals in the country by Becker's Hospital Review on May 20.
In addition, Ekta Bansal, M.D., is leading Carilion's participation in a national convalescent plasma study.
Visit CarilionClinic.org/coronavirus for up-to-date information about our response to COVID-19. Call our Community Hotline for general questions about symptoms, resources, guidelines and more,
COVID-19 Community Hotline
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m - 5 p.m.
Do not call the Community Hotline to make appointments, or to request testing or test results. For information about COVID-19 and your personal health, talk with your primary care provider.