Our readers shred what they hate to see at the gym, but waht about what they like to see. Check out the top 3 below.
1. Being nice. I can second that one! After working in television for nearly 20 years, I’ve heard everything from “you aren’t as wide as I thought you would be in person” to “my dog’s butt shaved would look better than your new short hairdo.” Needless to say, I am not easily offended. Working out is hard enough. The last thing we need at the gym is rudeness. Let’s all remember that we are lucky to be able to walk, run, lift or play and leave the bad attitudes at home.
2. More options. From treadmills to free weights and functional training space, there is no question that it helps to have a variety of options to choose from for your fat burning fun.
3. People. Even though, we might gripe that the gym is a little crowded at the beginning of each new year, our readers like seeing so many people from older folks to younger people at the gym making the choice to live a healthier life.
And a few honorable mentions from our readers of what they would like to see more of:
- Throw-a-way towel stations
- Spa-like atmosphere in the locker room
- Gym rule enforcement
- 80’s music
Whether you go to a gym or not, I hope that you are finding motivation to make healthy changes and positive choices. We can’t be perfect all of the time, but we can try to be good to ourselves most of the time.